March 27, 2011

Nordiska Trädgårdar. Impressions

   It was great! I had a really really nice time in the Fair and especially in Svenska Dahliasällskapet stand. Thanks a lot to Kerstin, Lena, Charlotte, Ulla, Olof, Marie and all others who presented our society to the Fair visitors! It was great pleasure to work together with you. We had a very good looking stand (Irene published some photos in her blog) with many dahlia plants of different age from 5 days old seedlings to almost full size bushes of low growing varieties. The stand was full of people all the time. I was amazed by how many interested people were coming and asking questions about my favorite plant. Despite my poor Swedish :). The tubers that I brought for sale were sold out after couple of hours. Our lottery was very popular as well since we had some nice prizes - books, dahlia tubers and seeds, honey... We got several new members in the society who signed up for the membership right in the Fair. So it was great success and plenty of fun.
   The rest of the Fair was very busy and had some nice exhibitors. In the part of the Fair presenting various garden enthusiast societies I liked the most our neighborers stand of Svenska Bonsaisällskapet with their gorgeous Japanese maple bonsai. The cute small rhododendrons and flowering apple tree were beautiful too. Also I couldn't pass by the stand of Svenska Saintpauliasällskapet. I recalled my old love that I had a few years ago to that cozy little plant when I kept a 50+ varieties collection on a light stand in my bedroom. Since then only 3 varieties survived but yesterday I got 5 more leaves of varieties new to me. I'm curious how they will perform.
   The main part of the Fair was a bit smaller than it was last year. Some exhibitors like Zetas or Plantagen were not presented although I didn't miss them there :). Of course, some participants were the same as in Kista Mässan Rum & Trädgård. I lost count of Pelargonium nurseries, it seems the be to main favourite plant of Sweden. In the stand of Elises Blomsterlökar I found a bit different assortment of tubers and of course couldn't resist to buy some dahlias. Plantbutiken stand was full of tiny but very healthy looking rooted cuttings of petunias, pelargoniums and of course Calibrachoa - one of the best plants for hanging baskets. Wibrant Trädgård Rockdala had a bit different choice of fuchsia varieties and I got 2 more for my own collection. I was very glad to find stand selling coconut fiber blocks which I consider one of the best rooting medias for cuttings.
   I had a great time and already looking forward for the next year Nordiska Trädgårdar.



   Долгожданная Стокгольмская садовая выставка оправдала мои ожидания с лихвой. Было ужасно интересно поучаствовать в таком мероприятии в качестве представителя Шведского общества любителей георгин. На нашем стенде постоянно было много народу. Люди расспрашивали нас о георгинах, разглядывали и покупали трехнедельные сеяцы, черенки и клубни. Коробка делёнок, что принесла я, была распродана, к моему удивлению, часа за 4. Эти 4 часа пролетели для меня незаметно за разговорами с посетителями выставки. Такой опыт оказался очень приятным, и я с удовольствием поучаствую в следующей выставке.
   Среди стендов обществ любителей других растений как всегда мне был наиболее интересен стенд Шведского общества любителей бонсаи с их красивейшими японским кленами и цветущими карликовыми яблонями. На стенде Шведского общества любителей сенполий мне попались на глаза черенки русских сортов и я, как давнишний фиалочный коллекционер, конечно не удержалась от приобретения нескольких листьев.
   Выставка в целом была поменьше прошлогодней, некоторых участников не было в этот раз. Зато было не счесть фирм, торгующих черенками пеларгонии - самого любимого шведского растения. На стенде Elises Blomsterlökar был не совсем стандартный набор клубней, и я приобрела пару сортов георгин. Plantbutiken предлагал выбор крепеньких черенков петуний, пеларгоний и, конечно, каллибрахоа - одного из лучших растений для подвесных корзин. Конечно я не смогла пройти мимо стенда Wibrant Trädgård Rockdala где был представлен новый ассортимент сортов и добавила в свою коллекцию еще два сорта. Удалось мне пополнить запас кокосового волокна - прекрасного материала для укоренения черенков. В общем, выставка оставила самые хорошие впечатления и уже хочется посетить следующую.

2 comments:

Masha said...

Thank you for the Faire report, it is fun to read about an event so far away. I am glad you got some more plants, it seems that you have a very impressive collection.

Olga said...

Thanks Masha!

Post a Comment