April 23, 2012

Slow spring 2012


    Spring is so slow this year. After a few weeks of unusually warm weather in the beginning of March spring took a break and getting pretty late. But today it was sunny and warm for the first time during last weeks. My young dahlia plants spent first night and day out in the greenhouse.



    One of my garden beds is filled with early flowering bulbs and today they were happy to meet sun. I used my chance to take some pictures.

Iris reticulata together with Crocus chrysanthus 'Romance'

Crocus vernus 'Jeanne d'Arc'

Tulipa kaufmanniana 'Show Winner'

Iris 'Katherine Hodgkin'


    Perennials look very pretty when just unfurling from the winter sleep. Leaves are fresh and strongly colored.

Aquilegia

Dicentra spectabilis

Aruncus aethusifolius


    One of my favorite minis 'Cat and Mouse' shows 6 buds ready to unfurl. That's a nice increase from 3 shoots last year.

Hosta 'Cat and Mouse'

0 comments:

Post a Comment